Grantham Village School College Day
May 2015, May 2016, March 2017, March 2018, March 2019
- As we prepare our sixth grade students for the future, we hope to instill in them a love of learning and a vision of themselves as lifelong learners. To this end, we began the annual Grantham Village School College Day, which will take place alongside March Madness in 2019.
- Students will complete an online career interest survey to help them focus on a possible future career. They will then input their results into an online college search. This search allows students to identify their desired school location, size, type, and major. Once students have their list, they will be asked to select three “top schools” to focus their interest.
- Students will then narrow their choices to two schools. Using a form letter, they will write to each school and ask them for more information about the school. They will ask the school for information packets and school materials, such as pencils, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
- After we receive information from the schools, students will create an online poster about their chosen schools and their vision of themselves in ten years. We will finally share all of our “future selves” in May.
- All of this work will be completed via Google Classroom. Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to offer your expertise on this process.