GVS students will be assessed in Physical Education on the following 4 competencies.
GVS Physical Education Competencies:
- Learners will develop a variety of gross motor skills through the exposure of various sports and activities in order to develop control over their physical movement, allowing students to safely engage in a variety of physical activities.
- Learners will participate in a variety of activities to better understand how to apply Rules, Concepts, and strategies
- Learners will demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness
- Learners will demonstrate how their choices in physical activity and health impact their lives.
There are specific performance indicators that students will be assessed on within each competency. Performance indicators are written by grade level. Please use the documents below for reference:
Note: All students will be expected to perform each performance indicator at a competent level by the end of each grade level. Each performance indicator will be taught on a progression. Students will learn, practice, and refine skills to progress toward competency throughout the grade span.
GVS students will be assessed in Health Education using the National Standards:
- Comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health
- Analyze the influences of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors
- Access valid information, products, and services to enhance health
- Use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks
- Use decision-making skills to enhance health
- Use goal-setting skills to enhance health
- Practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce risks
- Advocate for personal, family, and community health