Google Cloud Printing is Here!
Post date: Jan 15, 2015 3:00:17 PM
Today I enabled Google "Cloud Printing" for all of the GVS Staff.
What does this mean for you?
It means you now have an easier way to choose printers and do your printing from your GVS computer.
How does it work?
If you are logged in to your Google account (important), while you are in the Chrome browser, you can now print to any GVS Printer using Google Cloud Printing services.
Simply choose "Change..." in the print dialog,
Then scroll down to "Google Cloud Print" and choose the desired printer.
Advantages of Google Cloud Print:
1. It always chooses the printers that are closest physically to where you are.
2. It remembers your print jobs (if you want it to).
3. It uses the "friendly" computer names, even if you're on an Ubuntu machine!
4. It allows you to print "remotely" if you want - i.e. print at GVS while you're at home!
1. Must be logged in to your Google account for it to work.
2. Only works for "Cloud Print" enabled apps, such as Google Chrome.